Sunday, June 28, 2009

GIANT BUGS!!

Watch out, Pearl Ridge Mall is being invaded by giant insects! Sort of. On Wednesday we went to the mall to check out their new giant insect exhibit. It was pretty neat seeing over sized bugs move and make noise. On Macy's side they have a train that the kids can ride on while these huge bugs tower over them. It scared Sariah a bit so she refused to ride the train. The one on Macy's side is better than the one on Sear's side. On the other side they have only one giant bug and then this over sized display of three different bugs heads up close. I wouldn't waist the time to drive to the other side.


This one was labeled as a "Stick Bug", but it looks more like a leaf to me. So I'm gonna call it a "Leaf Bug."



Elijah and Sariah in front of the Leaf Bug.


Praying Mantis


Us in front of the Praying Mantis.


I think this was some kind of cricket.


The only pic we took on Sear's side.

4 comments:

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much said...

creepy crawly! Bet Elijah had so much fun. I remember in CTR 5, Elijah loved his toy animals. I'd be scared too if I was Saraiah's age.

Hey! FYI, the Bishop Museum has a new exibit, "Backyard Monsters" with giant robotic insects too. I wonder if the exhibit at the mall is affiliated with the one at BM? Maybe huh?

Amalie said...

very cool!

kelly said...

i wanted to take nellie to see that, i have her for 4 or 5 days this week. it looks really cool! well i did not get my noah time yesterday, everyone else seems to like him too hhhmmm! see you tues.

Juli said...

Braden & I saw those on our "date" on Wednesday! Fun, huh?